We are looking for a Yardman / Storeman to join our Aftersales team at our Head Office in Markfield, Leicestershire.
Are you looking for a new, fast-paced job in the construction industry? Do you have experience as a yardman and/or storeman? If so then this could be the position for you!
Here at BTE we have a fantastic team that we are looking to grow. Whether a Workshop Engineer, Parts Technician or Service Controller, we all work together. Read on for more details about the role…
JOB TITLE: Yardman / Storeman
REPORTS TO: Group Service Manager / Group Parts Manager
A vacancy has arisen for a Yardman / Storeman at our Head Office in Markfield.
Working in a fast-paced Construction Sales Company environment you will have the ability to carry out multiple tasks and yard duties. This includes, unloading HGV Lorries, stock movement and control and assisting the workshop as and when required to a high standard to name a few. We have a very busy yard and stores where stock is moving all the time to meet customer needs. Therefore you will need to be organised and able to work in a fast paced environment. Additionally, you will be helping out in the Parts Stores assisting the Storeman whilst ensuring all goods in and goods out are input and dispatched correctly.
- Unloading & loading deliveries with a telehandler
- Carry out stock checks of light equipment, excavator buckets and other equipment accurately and record the data
- Recording of goods in & goods out accurately and efficiently
- Maintain and manage the yard and stores to a high standard
- Assist the sales office with deliveries of new stock machines & light equipment
- Able to drive and move excavators, dumpers, telehandlers and tarmac rollers in a safe manner
- Good knowledge base of the company, product knowledge and aware of all services offered by the company
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Experience with working in a yard and/or stores environment
- Work well under pressure and retain a positive attitude
- Experience with driving construction plant machinery
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Ability to undertake product knowledge training
- Telehandler licence
- Microsoft Office literate
- Previous experience within the construction and/or agriculture industries
This is a full-time position and the hours are 8:00am – 16:30pm. Competitive hourly pay, dependant on experience.
If this sounds like the role for you then we would love to hear from you! Please email your C.V. and a cover letter to email@example.com and we will be in touch.
Alternatively have a look at our About Us page!