Position: Workshop Service Engineer
Reports To: Workshop Manager
The successful candidate will be able to carry out diagnostics, servicing and general repairs to a full range of construction machinery in a safe and efficient way, ensuring the highest standard of workmanship at all times whilst providing the very best possible levels of customer service. This is a workshop-based role but will include elements of customer facing activities. The ability to communicate and build relationships with other employees and departments within the organisation is important. Full support and training will be provided where necessary.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Diagnose and repair faults on full range of Construction Plant.
- Carry out PDI inspections on new equipment.
- Fit accessories as required.
- Use repair equipment and tools.
- Ability to set timescales to own tasks to enable completion of duties and to ensure all tasks are carried out with a level of urgency and within a timely manner.
- To manage administration tasks and complete all service and repair records accurately.
- Work well under pressure and retain a positive attitude to customer service.
- Maintain health and safety
to company and HSE regulations.
Skills and Requirements
- Previous mechanical experience in a Construction Plant environment.
- Knowledge and experience of a variety of machinery ideally in the construction or agricultural industry.
- Ability to work under own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Full driving licence.