Area Sales Manager
Position: Area Sales Manager covering LA, FY, PR, BB, L, WN, BL, OL
Reports To: Sales Director
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Contributes to the sales growth of the company by generating sales lead as a result of effective networking, referrals and prospecting.
- Successfully identifies, penetrates and closes business opportunities to a successful end.
- Prepares and follows up with quotations, and ensures timely payments from clients.
- Monitors orders closely and can rapidly escalate any lost order issues so as to minimise any financial loss.
- Consistently achieve sales and profitability targets.
- Maintains an excellent relationship with suppliers ensuring that the correct specifications for an order are delivered to the customer.
- Works in harmony with the Sales office organisation and other departments to maximise sales of new and used equipment.
- Communicates effectively with After Sales so as to ensure a smooth and seamless handover of products to customers. .
- Actively develops a network of relationships with new clients.
- Maintains and develops an excellent relationship with existing clients, establishing regular communication to be able to assess any new requirements.
- Maintains an accurate database of all customer contact details and shares this information willingly with other areas of the business.
- Takes ownership for customer complaints, remains the point of contact and resolves these to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Identifies the opportunity to supervise product demonstrations at selected customer sites so as to facilitate the closing of new business deals.
- Takes the initiative to be involved with product and industry exhibitions and is able to add value.
- Experience of Construction Equipment Sales
- Able to work on own initiative
- Strong Communication Skills
- Good administration
- Able to work under pressure and to targets