Position: Yard Operative
Reporting to: Service Manager
A vacancy has arisen at our Markfield depot for a general yard operative. This role will include, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Serving customers in the yard
- Loading and unloading lorries for customers and internal and external deliveries
- Yard duties to include keeping the area tidy and moving of stock
- Steam cleaning of equipment, valeting of interiors prior to deliveries
- Installing buckets and assembling light line tooling
- Ensuring all deliveries are checked off and documentation forwarded to the relevant department, any damage is reported in a timely manner
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role and will have the following skills.
- Conscientious with a strong work ethic
- Telehandler experience/licence is beneficial but not essential
- Familiar with the operation of machinery and equipment
- Reliable and punctual
- Basic mechanical skills and knowledge
The hours of work are 7:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday, 47.5 hour week and there is the opportunity for overtime. Salary will be dependent on experience.
If you are interested in this position, please forward a copy of your CV along with reasons why you feel you would be suitable, to email@example.com by 20th March 2019.