Careers with BTE Plant Sales
Position: Service Controller - Leyland
Reports To: Depot Director
As a Service Controller for BTE Plant Sales, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the companies workshop and service engineers at our Leyland Depot. The role is ideally suited to an individual who has hands on experience in the repair and maintenance of construction equipment and is now looking to progress their career to the next level in an office based position. You will be dealing with our end users to assist in their issues with any equipment that suffers from a technical problem, so the ability to understand and read technical bulletins and drawings from our manufacturers is a desired skill set. You will have the overall control of the companies engineers for the area, so a good geographical understanding and ability to plan staff workloads in an efficient manner is essential. Once jobs are complete you will then need to liaise with the customer and/or manufacturer to ensure payment of the completed job is received through either warranty or customer charge, good communication skills along with a strong but fair manner is key to maintain the companies return rates. You will report to the depot director and when required will assist in the day to day business needs which will include serving customers over our trade counter and the processing of parts orders. If you have a passion for first class customer service and are looking to join a successful and growing business, along with the required skill set then this role could be for you.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability
- Plan engineer workloads
- Ensure all work is invoiced/warrantied in a timely manner
- Maintain return rates
- Maintain health and safety to company and HSE regulations.
Skills and Requirements
- Previous technical/mechanical knowledge in a Construction Plant environment.
- Experience of a variety of machinery ideally in the construction or agricultural industry.
- Work well under pressure and retain a positive attitude to customer service.
- Ability to work under own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Full driving licence.